|How MCN benefits people||Total|
Nigerians participating in conflict prevention and peacebuilding activities (up to 31 January 2021)
Increase of 52,599 since January 2020
Number of local safety / security issues resolved by Community Peace and Safety Partnerships (up to 31 January 2021)
Increase of 132 since January 2020
Funded by the European Union, the Managing Conflict in Nigeria (MCN) Programme aims to support Nigerians with conflict resolution, at both the state and community level. We work mainly in northeastern Nigeria: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
We focus on these areas:
- conflict management, reconciliation and stability in communities
- the role of women in peace-building
- supporting women and girls affected by violence
- the reintegration of young people displaced by conflict
- research to support policy makers.
MCN was launched in 2017. Originally a four-year programme, MCN has recently been extended by 18 months and will continue until July 2022.