|How MCN benefits people||Total|
Nigerians benefiting from MCN interventions in communities (April 2021)
Increase since April 20: 923,000
Proportion of citizens surveyed in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe that believe conflict prevention / response mechanisms are very relevant, valuable and effective (April 2021)
Increase since December 2017: 18%
Funded by the European Union, the Managing Conflict in Nigeria (MCN) Programme aims to support Nigerians with conflict resolution, at both the state and community level. We work mainly in northeastern Nigeria: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
We focus on these areas:
- conflict management, reconciliation and stability in communities
- the role of women and youth in peace-building
- supporting women and girls affected by violence
- the reintegration of young people and women involved in armed conflict
- research to support policy makers and practitioners.
The programme will be delivered over five years (2017-22).