|How MCN benefits people||Total|
Nigerians benefiting from MCN interventions in communities (up to 31 July 2021)
Increase since July 2020: 571,208
Number of local safety / security issues resolved by Community Peace and Safety Partnerships (up to 31 July 2021)
Increase since July 2020: 95
Funded by the European Union, the Managing Conflict in Nigeria (MCN) Programme aims to support Nigerians with conflict resolution, at both the state and community level. We work mainly in northeastern Nigeria: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
We focus on these areas:
- conflict management, reconciliation and stability in communities
- the role of women and youth in peace-building
- supporting women and girls affected by violence
- the reintegration of young people and women involved in armed conflict
- research to support policy makers and practitioners.
The programme will be delivered over five years (2017-22).