|How MCN benefits people||Total|
Number of survivors assisted by MCN-supported sexual assault referral centres, including ‘satellite’ SARCs (Jan17-Mar21)
Number of survivors assisted in the past 12 months: 961
|Number of local disputes resolved by MCN-supported traditional rulers (Apr18-21)
Increase of 18,156 in the past 12 months
Funded by the European Union, the Managing Conflict in Nigeria (MCN) Programme aims to support Nigerians with conflict resolution, at both the state and community level. We work mainly in northeastern Nigeria: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
We focus on these areas:
- conflict management, reconciliation and stability in communities
- the role of women and youth in peace-building
- supporting women and girls affected by violence
- the reintegration of young people and women involved in armed conflict
- research to support policy makers and practitioners.
The programme will be delivered over five years (2017-22).